Friday, July 16, 2010

The World of Drag

Drag Queens....how freaking fabulous are they? Some only have experiences with them at a show; a flash of a dollar, quick peck on the cheek....maybe you're too shy to go up to the stage - you're happy to stand in the back and admire the beauty of all. That's where I was - a happy bystander in the crowd...until I actually met one! Then the entire world of Drag Queens opened up to me....

Who knew how small my world had become....my boss was the sister of the Drag Queen....and boy did she love to gossip with me! I learned so many things, like who was getting real breasts, what she thought of the other Drag Queens, what happened when their mother saw the performance for the first time....OMG I loved this world! And the best part - I was invited to visit his closet! I almost had to sit down because all I could picture was myself in all those wonderful outfits and boa's and SHOES, oh, the shoes!!! Wow, I really don't sound like a lesbian right now :) But how many people can say that they are going to visit a Drag Queen's closet and see all the treasure's inside? It was hard enough to watch her purse one night and not take a peek! So as my girlfriend and I were watching it for her as she was making announcements for the show, we played a game of what would be in a Queen's purse.....what do YOU think would be in there?

No comments:

Post a Comment